Attention bloggers!!! I came across the following list of how to improve your blogging style in (of all places) a textbook for my Multimedia Journalism course. I think they're pretty solid, and I plan on adhering more closely to these tips this summer. Check 'em out... and let me know what you think! :)
1. A blog entry is a stub (or starter) for conversation.
2. Think about the perspectives of your audience.
3. Write tight headlines that encourage interest.
4. Make points or lists and make them scan-friendly.
5. Link to the context.
6. Quote indirectly and link.
7. Format long documents for print.
8. Never delete anything.
9. Troll the blogosphere for secondary conversation.
10. Be active in your own conversation.
11. Create buzz everywhere.