Wednesday, February 13, 2008

V Day Boycott

Keeping up with my annual tradition I am once again boycotting V Day this year. Why, oh why? How much do I hate this dude, Valentine? Let me count the ways:
People should try to be nice and even romantic without a special date attached to it. Granted, reserving one day a year for this occasion may increase everyone's chance to eat more chocolate or get some flowers which will be dead within three days. But tell me something, what exactly is the point of this stupid behavior? Ahhhhh, someone made up this day to give people yet another reason to spend some hard earned cash on things no one really needs. Smart move. Wanna jump on the commercialized band wagon? Be my guest!
The other side of the coin, however, is that some people may expect to get something--just because it is V Day--and then end up disappointed because no one thought of them, or the date for that matter. Poor schmucks.
Have you ever worked in sales? No? Well, imagine this: every nocive learns in Sales 101 that V Day is THE biggest sales occasion of the year, right before or after Xmas (depending on where you stand.). The Easter Bunny turns green with envy!!!

On a more personal note, I have to admit that V day has ALWAYS sucked for me. Something bad always happened right around that day. It's cursed, if you ask me.

So, Valentine, you better run, because your ass is mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment